Susan M. Gaddy has been licensed to practice law in SC since 1992.
She concentrates her practice on business law and mortgage foreclosure defense litigation and defense of supplemental proceedings to collect judgments.
Ms. Gaddy works closely and diligently to resolve issues in her clients' favor, including loss mitigation through loan modifications.
Ms. Gaddy serves as a Certified Circuit Court Mediator.
In summary, Susan Gaddy has the commitment, qualifications and experience to help clients develop sound legal and financial strategies for their future.
Susan Gaddy served as Special Counsel to the Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Trustee for the largest bankruptcy in South Carolina.
It was the largest securities fraud scam in the history of the state and recovered $41.8 million dollars!
Susan M. Gaddy, Esq.
- The University of South Carolina School of Law (J.D.)
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (A.B.)
- Certified Mediator through the South Carolina Bar Association
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy Diploma Trial Advocacy Skills, National Institute for Trial Advocacy Deposition Skills Certificate, Member NITA Advocates Association
- South Carolina, 1992
- Supreme Court of the United States, 1996
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina, 2000
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 2002
Professional Associations & Memberships/Honors and Awards
- President, Secretary/Treasurer, University of South Carolina School of Law Alumni Association Board (2005-2008)
- Supreme Court of South Carolina Attorney to Assist Disciplinary Counsel (2001-2005)
- G.G. Dowling Award for academics, integrity and concern for others by Dean John Montgomery, University of South Carolina School of Law (1992)
- American Bar Association (Executive Council Member Judicial Division; Young Lawyers Division Co-Chair Interbar Relations; YLD Liaison to Alternative Dispute Resolution Section; Presenter at Orlando Affiliate Outreach Project for South Carolina) (1996-1999); Member 2015.
- South Carolina Bar (Member of House of Delegates, Executive Council Member Young Lawyers Division; Out of State Representative for Young Lawyers Division; Co-Chair YLD Leadership Conference) (1996-2003)
- Furman University Connections: Women Leaders of the Upstate (2004)
Teaching Experience and Community Activities
- Charleston School of Law, Adjunct Professor in Foreclosure Law (2014)
- Charleston Southern University, Adjunct Professor in Business Law and Business Communications (2007)
- Citadel Master's in Business Administration Guest Lecturer (Securities Fraud) (2007)
- Citadel Business School Mentors Association Mentor Volunteer (2007-2011)
- Daniel Island Neighborhood Association Zoning Committee Member and Chair (2011-2012)
- Christ Church Mt. Pleasant Career Outreach Program Volunteer (2011)
- National Association of Women in Construction (2001-2005)
- Downtown Rotary of Greenville (2001-2002)
- St. Michael's Episcopal Church and Grace Episcopal Church, Charleston (2006-present)
Publications, Interviews and Presentations
- An Overview of Real Estate Law: An Interview with Susan Gaddy of The Gaddy Law Firm, LLC (2014). Published in SC Homes. Read article...
- Fox News (2010), originating in Myrtle Beach, during her U.S. Senate campaign discussing her support for a new Interstate to support economic development for the Grand Strand of South Carolina.
- Comcast Public Interest Show: The Law with Professor Lori (2007-2008) broadcast in Mt. Pleasant, Sullivan's Island, the Isle of Palms, West Ashley, and downtown Charleston.
- Fox News, CBS Evening News, WYFF Channel 4 Greenville, Fortune Magazine, USA Today, Baltimore Sun-Herald, The Greenville News, The State, Anderson Mail Independent, Associated Press (2003-2004): HomeGold Financial and Carolina Investors bankruptcy securities fraud.
- Published articles in the Federal Judges Association In Camera (federal judge travel regulations), the Federal Judiciary's Court Administration Bulletin (federal judge travel regulations), ABA Judges' Journal (Judicial Outreach to South Africa), ABA Young Lawyer (Professional Development with Young Lawyers in South Africa), and The South Carolina Bar Tab (Outreach with South Africa Law Society).
- Bankruptcy plan confusing to investors. Published in The Augusta Chronicle. (2003). Read article...